What is Body dysmorphic disorder?
Body dysmorphic disorder is a form of anxiety disorder where the person is constantly worrying about their appearance and their flaws, may also a distorted view of how they look.
The cause of body dysmorphic disorder is unclear, but can be associated with a traumatic experience such as being bullied, abused, or teased about one’s body when the person was a child. It may also cause by chemical imbalance in the brain.
Do I have body dysmorphic disorder?
Symptoms of body dysmorphic disorder are:
Worry a lot about specific area of your body
- Become distressed by a particular part of the body
- Strongly believe that you have a defect in your appearance
- Spend a lot of time in front of a mirror, or avoid it totally
- Spend a lot of time comparing your appearance with other’s
- Spend a lot of time and effort concealing what they can see as flaws
- Avoiding social situation
- Feeling anxious around people
- Frequently seeking reassurance about your appearance from others
The combination of CBT and hypnotherapy can help very well with body dysmorphic disorder. If you are constantly feeling anxious about how you look, worrying about a specific part of your body, concerned about your appearance until it disturbs your mind and your daily life; it’s now time to take care of that. Get in touch now for your personalised treatment.